Friday, December 14, 2007

Television Lies

Just spotted this...

The Most Dangerous Appliance In Your Home: The Television

The idol who we sit and worship every day in our living rooms is in fact a dastardly manipulative double agent. TV, the boob tube, television, telly, the babysitter, (or whatever you want to call it) is more than just a portal into daily news and entertainment. TV is Big Brother.

The average American watches more than 4 hours of TV per day. I could rant about how this is terrible, but I am actually more concerned that He knows exactly what I am watching at any moment and how much time I spend watching Him. It may seem irrational to single out TV because the internet is full of tracking software, cookies, spyware, etc. all created just to observe my net surfing behavior, however television is almost universally watched by all Americans and very centralized. (Besides I’ll save the net for another post.)

...


I strongly suggest reading it all.

And now for some of that evil brainwashing television:



15 Minutes of Fame by Sheep on Drugs.

Great band. If you get a chance I suggest you see them live.

I wonder if they've still got that powersupply I lent them after all these years. Heh...

Oh, and here's a little more brainrot for your viewing pleasure:

No comments: